Thursday, December 10, 2009

Random-ness

Today it was 4 degrees (felt like -10 degrees because of the wind.) when the kids wanted to go out and play in the snow. I let them because we have been, for the most, part stuck in this house all week. It was -4 degrees on Monday. I cannot believe how cold it is!!
(Hey boys, don't try to look happy or anything, okay.)
Edison looked so funny in all his snow gear. He loved walking around the house in his boots.

A long time ago (about 4 months) I thought it would be fun to do home-made gifts for Christmas for each other. Now I am thinking--not so fun. Chris and I are both working on the rag quilt for Gordon since that is the one that is taking the longest to get anywhere. This picture was taken in March when I just started cutting out the fabric and I was so excited. Now I have sworn never to sew again! I think I should be embarrassed to admit that I started this project in March but I am so over it.

And I am also making a quiet book for Edison. Which is coming along quite nicely, thank you. I was going to make a headboard for our bed for Chris but we decided the project that he is working on for me will be both of our presents since it is costing more than we thought. He is making a bookcase and it is going to be the nicest piece of furniture we own. Got to start somewhere right?

And finally some good news. We found our camera. Such a funny story. So I decided to wake up at 2:45 a.m. to be at Target by 3:00 a.m. to buy a new camera. This was the first time I woke up really early to do Black Friday shopping. It was kind of fun just because I had my sisters with me. Anyway, at the end of the weekend, Chris decides to go up and check our room one more time to make sure we didn't forget anything. He looks in the big dresser to see if the kids maybe put something in there, and there was our camera!! Yeah! We were so happy. And thankful.

And now, I may just have to post Halloween pictures in December. Would that be too awful?

3 comments:

Lexie Thomas said...

Working on a project since March is nothing. I am just ordering pictures tonigt of my wedding. I know it has been 3 years! haha. Your projects look like so much fun! I love making rag quilts!

Hilarie said...

Emily!! Gordon's party looked like so much fun! Good luck on finishing up your projects, I have tons of not finished projects - luckily not too many Christmas ones.
We miss you guys!! The kids talk about Gordon seriously ALL THE TIME!!!

Teri said...

HAHAHA!!! So funny that you found your camera AFTER we got up so early to get a new one! Although I wouldn't trade our experience of early morning black friday shopping for anything! Can't wait to see you again!