Thursday, December 3, 2009

Meet Puddy

A little introduction to the interview below. This dog/blanket was Gordon's since he was a baby and we always called it Buddy. Gordon couldn't say buddy so he said "Puddy." Even now that he can say buddy, it is still "Puddy." Puddy has always been there, but more in the background, until lately. I think it was around the time we moved, Puddy became Gordon's best friend. Puddy went everywhere and did everything with him. And now without further ado, I introduce to you, Puddy...

M: What is Pudddy?
G: Her's a girl
M: What does Puddy like to do?
G: She likes to pick up movies and put them in their spots. Her likes to play with choo-choo trains and...her likes to play outside.
M: What does she like to do with you.
G: Her likes to hug me.
M: anything else
G: Nope
M: Why do you like Puddy?
G: Because her's my baby.
M: Where did you get Puddy?
G: From Logan. Her just, we didn't even found her.
M: How do you take care of Puddy
G: Her can have a blanket and a picnic. Look at her picnic blanket.
M: Do you love Puddy more than you love mommy?
G: Yep, well Puddy's mommy died. Because her is a little bit much. Her makes a mess for lunch.
M: Anything else you would like to tell us about Puddy?
G: Yep, her likes to play hide and seek.

I've had this in my drafts for awhile now and I think it appropriate to post it now as a tribute and a goodbye. We lost Puddy at a relatives house and it was deduced that the dog took her away and buried her. It was very sad for Gordon (not so much for mommy.) It took a couple of weeks to forget about her but I think he has finally moved on. It happened about a week before his birthday and he kept asking me if Puddy was going to come to his party. I think once she was a no-show, Gordon decided to find a new best friend, his stuffed moose. Moose is no where near the status that Puddy once was. Moose is often forgotten and doesn't have to go in the car with us everywhere we go. Moose doesn't ever get to eat breakfast with us and rarely gets to sleep with Gordon at night. Moose just isn't the same. Goodbye Puddy. You are loved and missed (by at least one of us.)

8 comments:

Brandon said...

hahaha! You cruel mother that doesn't miss Puddy! That reminds me, I have to sneak in Liam's room tonight so I can steal Bear and wash him. So gross.

oh..this is Julie--not Brandon.

*LaUrA* said...

oh I love his sweet answers! So cute! How sad...but I am glad he has been able to move on. At least Puddy gets to be with her dead mother now..haha!

LeeAnne said...

Awww! Puddy sounds a lot like Carlitos's "Osito" (he got that bear when he was 9 months old, and it didn't take very long for it to become his constant companion)... It was lost a few weeks ago and we think it's gone for good (presumably lost in Walmart, then taken by another kid home rather than the lost-and-found where it SHOULD have gone!). We found a similar bear for a replacement and it does go everywhere with Carlitos like the old one, but it just isn't *quite* the same!

Sandra said...

I wish my kids blankets would disappear sometimes but I worry that it will be more crazy for me without them. Puddy what a fun name for a blanket. Hope you guys are doing well!

Teri said...

Awww...poor Gordon. I have heard reference to Puddy a few times in my home. Her sure leaves an impression on the young ones ;)

Lexie Thomas said...

Gordon is so sweet.

Katie said...

That is so funny. Love that boy!

Sean and Kyla said...

lol, he's so cute! and what a great picture!