Monday, December 10, 2007

Blog Confession

Ok, I know everyone is wanting an updated post but I have a little bit of a problem. I realized for about the fourth time in my life that if I can't do something perfect I don't want to do it at all. It's not quite perfectionism, I think it has something to do with laziness. If I am not naturally gifted at something then I don't want to waste my time making it just okay. I have read so many blogs that are funny and witty and just interesting to read no matter what they are talking about. And then I have read some blogs that...aren't that interesting. I just don't want to have a boring blog so I stress about it. I think of an idea for a post and then I say I'll do it when I have time but then when I have time I've forgotten what I wanted to say. My creative vibes are never there when I want them. I am laying down at night trying to sleep and all of the sudden, my creative switch gets turned on and I've got it. But I'm trying to sleep so instead of getting up and posting I lay there and type it out in my head. Literally, I say it in my head and it is so funny! Like this post was sooo much funnier last night. Seriously, this is my dilemma. So what do I do...I guess I will have to get used to the idea of just doing mediocre posts. So this is my promise to you- I will post more often only if you promise to not get your hopes up too high for something really witty and wonderful.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh Emily. Of course your posts are going to be good and we just like reading about what it going on in your life. Trust me you are entertaining:)

Sean and Kyla said...

It's a deal! Nah, your posts are great! But I admit I chuckled, yes chuckled, to myself as I read about the stresses of posting humorous and entertaining blogs. You truly are a part of the world of young blogger moms! When I was visiting my bro and his wife in San Francisco a while ago, they were visiting with a few of their couple friends and all the moms were talking about blogging and such and it was so rich! So now, I can say it truly is the thing to do, if you are a young mom, you blog. That's all there is to it. I think you actually sign a contract when you get married that says you have to blog as soon as you have your first child. ; )

Anonymous said...

Our goal is to be perfect. That doesn't mean we are now. Mary Poppins is only practically perfect. We just love to hear what you have to say and the cute pictures. I am just horrible at blogging. I sit for one second then have to go be a mommy so just do what you can and bring smiles to everyones faces. We love you!