Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Traditions

Growing up, Chris's family decorated gingerbread houses every year for Christmas. I was able to participate with his family in this tradition the year we got engaged (2003 - Wow!). Chris takes the art of gingerbread decorating quite serious. He had it all planned out what we were going to do and directed me in the best way to do this or that. It was more "his creation" than "ours." I could tell that it was something that Chris really enjoyed and I wanted to carry the tradition into our family. His mom goes as far as to actually bake the gingerbread; I just bought a kit. One kit. The night came to make our house and it dawned on me that I should have bought two gingerbread kits because I know how particular Chris is. Well, we just decorated one together and it turned out pretty cute. Gordon did really good putting the candy on the roof but after that all he wanted to do was eat it and he thought he was being pretty sneaky too. Well, here are some pictures of our little candy house.


I don't know if I will be able to post again before Christmas; I will try. I am so excited. We will be leaving for Idaho (where both of our parents live) on Friday. Gordon has been talking about Papa for about two weeks now. We have a lot of fun things planned for the holidays and Gordon just loves all his cousins and aunts, uncles, and grandparents. I just know we will all have a good time. Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Time to post my little hot mama. Hey thanks for the cook books. I was going over the recipes today and I'm so excited for them. Yeah.