Monday, January 28, 2008

Disney Princesses (New Poll)

Out of all the Disney princesses I would have to say that my favorite is Belle. I just love that movie. I was watching it once when I was in high school and I started crying when the beast "died." I just had to laugh at myself because I knew I was being so ridiculous. When I was a little girl my favorite was Aurora but I think that was just because we didn't own that movie and so I hadn't seen it very much and I my imagination tends to make things better than they really are.
My older sister has a two year old daughter who is in love with all the princesses and my sister was telling me how she thinks all the princesses are annoying. The conversation, or should I say sermon, went something like this: "Ariel, she is so spoiled! I hate that song that she sings about wanting more: I want more, I want more; man she is so annoying! And Cinderella, who is that happy all the time? No one can be that chipper! Jasmine has such huge eyes and a tiny waist...I don't think they are very good role models..." I think she was just getting a little sick and tired of watching the same movies all day every day. I couldn't help but laugh it was so funny how serious she was about really loathing those princesses.

No comments: