Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I'm FREE!

For the past two weeks I have been a prisoner to Stephenie Meyer, author of the Twilight series


I read the first one while at my parents house for Christmas, the second one in two days and the third one in three days. I tried not to neglect my other responsibilities and take it slow but even if I wasn't reading I was thinking about it. I was no good to anyone. Poor Gordon, yesterday came to me with his coat on and needed help putting his shoes on and then told me, "Papa, GramGram...bye bye." He then walked out on our back porch. He was giving me an ultimatum- either you pay more attention to me or I will go where I know I can get it.
Needless to say, I woke up this morning way behind on my laundry, the house is a mess, and my son is glad to see me again! If you have a chance to read these books, do it. Don't be turned off by the fact that it is about a seventeen year old falling in love with a vampire. Okay, I just lost all of my credibility...

4 comments:

Tina said...

Hehehe...

So, are you still voting for Jacob?

Katie said...

You are too funny. I haven't started the 2nd book yet. To much going on and I don't want to read all day long. Glad you finished:)

Katie said...

Oooh, I loved the books! I was way too obsessed with finishing too, and now I'm glad I'm done. When the fourth comes out maybe I'll check into a hotel and read the first three again and then the fourth so I can get them all done and not feel like I should be doing laundry!

Sean and Kyla said...

I too have fallen prey to these books and read all three within a week. Crazy how sucked in you can get with a good read!
(do you like how you had to pronounce 'read' both ways in this comment? thought you would!)