Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Huuullo? Is Anybody There?

Wow, it has been a long time. Sorry to all my dedicated readers (I like to pretend there are some out there). This is what I have been up to:

Chris decided it would be best to go live with his brother this summer and help him build a house. I guess I knew it would be best too I just didn't want to face the reality of what that meant for me--a whole summer without my husband! Now I am sure for some of you that doesn't sound so terrible but as I mentioned in a previous post, my husband helps me out A TON! So Chris decided that he could come home on most weekends and he thought that would be enough to keep me sane. I don't think so! I decided I would rather live with my parents for the summer and seeing as how they only live 45 minutes from where Chris's brother lives then he could also come "home" on lets say Wednesday. Sounds good right? Well, it hasn't exactly worked like that. Not only has Chris not come back to us on Wednesdays but he also has not come home on weekends. The past two weeks he has been ripping up carpet and refinishing the hard wood floors underneath that carpet in his brothers old house. And since he is doing this throughout the house, Katie, his sister-in-law and her three kids have been kicked out and are living with her parents. (Is this starting to be little too confusing?) Anyway, he thought it would be best to work straight through and get it down so the family could move back in. On top of that, Gordon is LOVING it here (although he does miss his friends). Now you might ask yourself how is that a bad thing? Well, my parents live on a good-sized piece of land right on the edge of a canyon and I cannot for the life of me keep that boy inside! I am feeding Edison and he just opens the door and walks right outside. I think for the most part he stays around the house really well but it still makes me nervous. So I am just adjusting to life here and I'm sorry I don't have anything more interesting to post but I WILL try to keep up on my postings from now on. I will be gone for a week at a family reunion next week. We are camping. I am excited and a little nervous too. I am leaving with my parents on Monday and Chris isn't coming till Wednesday so hopefully those first two days won't be too traumatizing!
Oh and I finally figured out how to add a left sidebar but I can't change the color of the background or the text so you can't really see it. Can anyone help me?

11 comments:

Tina said...

Wow. Glad to see you haven't fallen off the face of the earth :)
Bridget misses her little friend too - be sure to call us when you get back. A summer is a long time to be gone - glad you're having fun though. And good luck getting some husband time.

Sean and Kyla said...

I have to agree with tina on this one, my first thought was "wow" what an intense summer for you guys! and thanks for the update ; )

julie said...

Hi Hi! I'm here! So does that mean you live in Twin? We should play!!!

Shaun and Emily said...

I don't know if your remember us, but we remember you guys! We saw Chris's brother while we were in Twin living at the Rivercrest Apt. I can't believe how big Gordon is and that you have another little one too. Feel free to check out our blog http://www.shaun-emily.blogspot.com

Ellen Oates said...

I was confused on where you guys went. It is good to know that you have not fallen off the face of the earth as Tina said! Your house looks so empty. Are you going to be gone just for the summer or are you leaving for ever? Good luck with the camping!!!

Nick and Stacey said...

I am like you I cannot wait for the summer to be over...I know silly thing to say but it will be nice to have Nick at least sleeping here again! Eventhough with school I will not see him! It nice you can go stay with your parents! And of course Gordon loves it...you get away with alot more at Grandmas!

Sandra said...

Glad to see you back online :) Thats nice that you can stay with your parents. I would rather stay with someone than be alone. I hope you get more time with your hubby. When do you plan on returning?

Jake, Tayli, Jayli, Kynli & Charli said...

Hey how are you? I'm still up for babysitting. Give me a call when you need me.

Tina said...

Hey! Rumor has it that you are back!! Bridget misses Gordon - and it would be way fun to hang out with you again. Let's do something!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

You are such a good wife to let your husband help all that time! Hang in there! At least you have someone to help out with the boys and all! That would make me nervous as well to be by a canyon!

Katie said...

Ummm... time to update:) So I think we will be in Twin the 2nd weekend in August for the Sisterhood weekend.