Monday, August 4, 2008

I'm Back...For Reals This Time

Okay, so I know I have been slacking but so much has been going on this summer. And I decided I didn't want to forget it all so I am going back in time to blog about all of it.

Every two years we have a family reunion with my mom's side of the family. This year we went up to Swan Valley (near Jackson Hole, Wyoming). It was so gorgeous up there. It was so funny because we were driving forever through Idaho and then all the sudden you hit Swan Valley and it is so green and beautiful and we were all thinking, "Is this Idaho?" Our lodge had a great view which I did get a picture of but I can't find the cord that connects my camera to my computer so I am stealing these off my sister-in-law's blog.
See that massive slide. It looks a whole lot more daunting when you are sitting on top trying to make yourself go down. It took several in the family the whole week to muster up the courage to go down. No matter how many times I went down that slide, I still squealed like a little girl. It was a lot of fun. Gordon loved playing with all his cousins. It was great because he would play so hard all day that he fell asleep so fast at night and then we could stay up and play games all night. Chris got to go white water rafting and I got to go to a melodrama in Jackson. (We have to trade off doing things so that the other can watch the kiddos.) It was a lot of fun but I am sure glad to be back.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Nice to see you back! Wow that slide looks like a lot of fun! That's great that you got to switch off and do things without the kids.

Tina said...

Welcome back! That looks like a fun place to visit. I think I would have been one of the ones needing a week to muster up the courage for that slide. lol!

Sean and Kyla said...

so glad you are back! that slide is truly gnaryl. I would be so scared of it! Glad you've been having a good summer though : )

Crystal said...

It sounds like you guys have had a fun summer. I don't know if I would of ever got the courage to go down that slide it looks scary.

The Whipples said...

Looks like tons of fun!!! Are you guys coming back to Logan in the fall?