Thursday, February 12, 2009

Gordon is part of Early Head Start, a program here for kids aged 0 to 3 years. I put Gordon on the waiting list when he turned two because I was worried he was behind in his speech development. (Now how I wish I could go back to those days when he DIDN'T talk my ear off all day!) Anyway, we finally got on the program about 5 months ago. It is great because he gets to play with all sorts of new toys and it makes me take time out to sit down and play with him for two hours. I also get to see where Gordon should be developmentally, know what I can work on with him and so on. Gordon also really loves our Family Educator, Sejia. She is an older lady from Finland. The other day she brought a box of dress up clothes and Gordon had soooo much fun. Here he is as a race car driver. He loved this costume the most. He would sit in the recliner and pretend to drive really fast and crash. Edison and I were the pit crew. We had to fix his car really fast. The only costume Edison could wear was the Fireman "apron" but he still had fun too. Edison has fun doing anything, even chewing on a cardboard box.
Gordon had so much fun, he made Seija promise to bring them back next week. I love my little boy's imagination.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Does she just come to your house? How often does she come? Sounds like he has a fun time!

Tina said...

What fun dress up stuff. Very cool. I'm glad Gordan likes the program. Too cute!

Hilarie said...

What fun dress up. I've wanted to get a good selection of boy dress up for Konnor since Kambree has so much and I don't necessarily want him dressing up as a princess. Everything that I've ever really seen is so expensive...