Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Buying a house is no fun at all! Chris and I have been talking and dreaming, dreaming and imagining, talking and wondering, what our house will look like since we first got married. This has been something we have been looking forward to for a long, long time. It is a lot more stressful and a lot less fun than I ever thought it would be. I don't know if it is just because Chris and I cannot make up our minds if our lives depended on it or if it is this stressful for everyone. (Please tell me this is normal.) We put a bid on a house a few weeks ago and were out-bid. (Frowny face.) We seriously considered buying another house and put a bid on it and then pulled it at the last second because we decided we didn't want to be house poor. (It was at the very top of our price range.) I am sure our real estate agent is getting really sick and tired of us. We are going to look at another house tonight. One we have seen before but Chris did not want to consider it because it is in Burley. The two previous houses were in Twin Falls. That was another decision that added to the stress...where to look. We have Twin Falls, Burley, Rupert, Heyburn...okay, Heyburn was not ever really in the runnings. Anyway, I will stop rambling about house hunting boringness. Just wish me luck that we can find a house that makes both of us happy and is in our price range!

7 comments:

julie said...

Oh, it must be in Twin..and by our house. Those are your rules.

Des said...

so questions. My mom says that Buhl is the new place to live? Buhl. I half believe her. Half for because she has lived there for the past 7 years and I havent....what do you think? She said there are a bunch of new developments and all that stuff. I'm curious, especially from a peers point of view.

Sandra said...

You are completely normal! House searching is no fun. Kevin and I have been searching for homes in Smithfield but it hasn't been as stressful since there is no pressure to move. Kevin was really really nervous when we bought our home and he wanted to pull out close to the end. It's a big amount of money. Good luck and all I can say is prayer can help. Lots and lots of it he he. Hope you find what your looking for.

Tina said...

Yep. Normal.
Good luck in the hunt. I agree that its stressful and not fun. At least there's a silver lining though - once all is said and done it will be worth it!

Sean and Kyla said...

Good luck!!!

Hilarie said...

Totally normal Emily. Remember how excited everyone else was for me when we were looking but it was so stressful and frustrating for us! And don't worry about the real estate agent- that's their job! Don't settle on a house - it's a huge commitment and not something you need to feel rushed into- also keep in mind your first home may not be your dream home... Good luck!

Katie said...

GOod luck Em. Let me know if I can help you with anything?