Monday, February 22, 2010

Guess Who's Going on a Mission (Take Two)

My brother Zach got his mission call this weekend. It was kind of funny because we thought it would come on Thursday like it always does and when it didn't, my mom thought for sure it would come on Friday and it was just late because of President's Day. Well, it didn't come Friday so Zach decided not to come home from school (Utah State) for the weekend. And guess what we found in the mail on Saturday. Yep, you guessed it. Zach's mission call. He drove up from Logan the second we called him. And where is he going you ask? He is going to the Baltic Mission. Where is the Baltic Mission? That is the same thing that went through my head as Zach read his call. I made a little map for you below showing where the Baltic mission is. It's pretty much Estonia, Lithuania, and Latvia. Zach will be speaking Russian. Wow. And it also gets -22 Degrees Fahrenheit in the winter! Cold!! Zach leaves for the MTC June 16th. It will be weird having two missionaries out as you may remember my sister left for her mission to Germany last month. I am so jealous of the wonderful experiences they will have. I know Zach will be a great missionary. Love you Zach!

Click on the picture to make it bigger.

2 comments:

Sean and Kyla said...

awesome, congratulations to Zach, that's so exciting! And yes, like you I had no idea where the Baltic Mission is so I'm glad you included the map ; )

The Whipples said...

That is so cool. Nate went to Russia on his mission and got to visit those places. He says there is some sweet things there and to get ready to be the coldest he has ever been in his life!!!