Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Child's Prayer

We recently decided to start paying Gordon a dime for chores he does around the house. I was hoping to motivate him a little more and teach him about money (it doesn't grow on trees, ya know). Well shortly after he started saving his money he started praying about money all the time.
  • "Thanks that dad can make money, and money, and more money, and money."
  • "Thanks for all my money...and thanks that I can have money..."
I was kind of worried that I had created a greedy little monster, but it only lasted about a week or so. It is still hard to motivate him to do much of anything. Any ideas?

Gordon also NEVER forgets to bless Aunt Katie on her mission.
  • "Thanks that Katie can deserve a mission..."
  • "Thanks that Katie can teach people about Jesus..."
  • "Thanks that I can deserve a mission when I get big..."
Gordon has a hard time saying "please bless..." everything is always, "thank you..."
  • "Thank you that we can bless our food..."
I guess I should be glad that he is so thankful! I love listening to his prayers it is an insight into what he is thinking about.

3 comments:

Teri said...

Cute prayers! What a sweet little boy!

Sean and Kyla said...

so cute! lol, I love it!

Hilarie said...

So cute! Sounds a lot like Kambree. She use to tell Russ on his way to work to make lots of money. And her prayers are super cute too and says thank you rather than please bless... how funny kids are! It's so cute and random sometimes I love it.

Btw, my kids name absolutely everything Gordon!! Everything!!