Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Rundown

The Holidays around our house were pretty uneventful. I mean besides cleaning up bodily fluids. (Sorry that was totally inappropriate.) Christmas Eve we had the boys open their jammies.

And Gordon was in an okay mood. He actually smiled. We read the Night Before Christmas and did the Nativity Story with the flannel board and sent the kids to bed. I was pretty exhausted by 8:30 myself.

I love the Christmas tree all lit up at night with all the presents around it. Too bad it never turns out in pictures. Christmas morning Gordon woke up early not because he was excited to open presents but because he was hungry. We gave him some crackers and told him to go back to bed. Are we mean parents? Gordon was excited about his "mixer that spins" and all of his other kitchen appliances but that was about it. I think we are going to save all his toys for next year. Edison LOVED the over-sized bear. It is the cutest thing in the world to see him snuggle up to that thing. I got a sewing machine and Chris got car mats and an awesome home-made coupon book from me (you know with things like: back massage, pass on a dirty diaper, golf day...) Besides the fact that Gordon was ornery and didn't like his gifts it was a fairly normal day. Here's to starting the New year with no sick kids! Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Hilarie said...

I love the picture of them on Christmas Eve in their matching pajamas! They both have really cute smiles.
And I love that bear!! So fun.

By the way, We've been staying up late nights watching Jericho... I think we only have like 3 episodes left.

Anonymous said...

cute kids! i am glad you were able to have somewhat of a christmas:) good gift idea for chris by the way. It was fun to see you guys!
love you
katie :)

Melissa and Lance Atkins said...

Your little boys are so cute. You are surrounded by them, huh? Boys are great though. I wanted a girl so terribly bad when I was pregnant, but I have found how great boys are.

Scoresbys said...

I thought those jammies were so cute I got some for Max, but they won't fit until next Christmas. I'm glad you all are feeling better. I remember Grace's christmas when she was three. She really didn't care for all her presents either. In fact, she said, "Can we stop please? I don't want to open any more!"

Nick and Stacey said...

I do love that giant bear! My parents had one when we were growing up and it was the greatest to cuddle up to and read...or take a nap! Sorry your kids couldn't have been feeling better! Still it looks like a great christmas!