Monday, January 26, 2009

He actually wants to learn?

I love good books for my kids. My favorites right now are:
Alphabet Mystery by Audrey Wood (who I love!)
My mom gave this book to Gordon for Christmas and he carries it around with him everywhere! He asks me to read it to him at least twice a day. I love it for one reason only: it has made Gordon interested in learning his letters. Which is impressive for a three year old who can't sit still for more than 20 minutes. He can now recognize half of the letters in the alphabet. It is so cute, he points them out everywhere. On signs, TV, stores, billboards, anywhere. I love it!

Also a good one for letters is Chicka Chicka Boom BoomBut everyone knows that one, right?

5 comments:

Sean and Kyla said...

ah yes, the ol' "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom"...good stuff. I'll have to check out that alphabet mystery.

Tina said...

I LOVE Audry Wood too. I may have to try that book.
As for a play date, how about Friday? Dave is home sick from work today, and my cousin comes to visit tomorrow and Thursday... so tentatively Friday?

LindsayAnn said...

Emily! I have loved catching up on your family. Don't you just love the blogging world, it makes the miles apart so much more bearable.

You are doing such a great jobs with your kids. I will definitely go take a look at the Alphabet Mystery book. I love hearing and sharing fun learning finds for kids with other moms. Hailey learned her letters and their sounds within a few day of watching a movie by Leap Frog called, The Letter Factory. I found it at Costco, but have seen 'em at Target too. If you haven't heard of it, its worth looking into. If you have any more book suggestions, please tell me. My girls are book-aholics.

Sandra said...

Thats great that he is excited about it. It's fun to watch how happy they get when they find letters in other places, their so proud of themselves :)

Nick and Stacey said...

I might have to go find that alphabet book! So fun!