Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pinch Me. I Must Be Dreaming.

I just had the most pleasant experience shopping today...at Wal-Mart. Even more extraordinary is the fact that it is a Saturday, and not any other Saturday, but the Saturday before the Super Bowl. On a normal day it would have been a nightmare. But for some reason I chatted with several friendly customers (I didn't know any existed at Wally World), had a lovely conversation with the meat department employee, and didn't have to wait in a long line only to deal with an incompetent cashier! As we were driving away Chris and I were trying to think of the last time we had a pleasurable time at Wal-Mart...and we couldn't think of one.

It might also have had something to do with the new DVD player we bought, who knows!?

3 comments:

Sean and Kyla said...

lol, I love this post. a lot.

Ellen Oates said...

I am glad you had a good experience. I went the day before and it was a crazy house. The debit cards machines were not working and who carries cash these days? I usually have good experiences though, but I only go early in the morning during the week or on Monday-Thursday late at night. I hope you enjoy your new dvd player!

Nick said...

Quit while your ahead!
-Nick