Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Power to the Little Guy

I may be behind everyone else but I am just starting to love Etsy. Not everything. But there are some pretty cool things out there. This last Christmas, Chris and I went way too overboard for our kids and we realized, they don't care! It was such a waste. A few presents would have satisfied them just fine. I told Chris this year for Christmas we are doing ONE gift from Santa (store bought) and all the others will be handmade. I am making Gordon a rag quilt, Edison a quiet book, and I haven't thought of anything for Chris yet. But I am working on it. Then I saw these on Etsy and I thought they were so amazing. I think instead of making Chris' gift I will find something handmade on this wonderful website that gives anyone a chance to be a small business owner. How cool is that?! My friend also had a good idea for Christmas: "something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read." I know, I know... why am I thinking about Christmas in May?

7 comments:

Nick said...

Emily,
Nick here. Christmas should be thought about all year round. Don't you dare feel guilty about it. That's just me. I have an idea for Chris and his present. Start carving out hand made golf clubs. He would love it.

julie said...

There's never a bad time for Christmas. And that's a great motto for Christmas..and birthdays..haha!

Sandra said...

It's never to early to prepare :)

Nick and Stacey said...

Such a great idea! I have never heard of that web site, but I am excited to see what it is all about! I would love to see your rag quilt when it gets done! I think its good to decide now what you are going to do...when christmas gets closer is when people start going crazy I think!

nathan said...

Those are awesome...thanks for the great idea. I just discovered Etsy too...where have I been. I even set up shop. (check out the blog) I need to search around the other sites more though. love handmade :)

Sean and Kyla said...

ooooh, those are really cool. (the link stuff) and yeah, I love that right when I was like, "hey wait...why is she thinking about Christmas in May?" you posed that very same question. lol.

Cara said...

Thanks for the Christmas reminder. I always say that next year I'll finish that project and give it away or I think I'll plan ahead to do what you are doing. Anyway thanks for the inspiration. I better get to work.

The bug cupcakes are super easy and if you really want to make them leave me you email address and I'll email the instructions over to you.

Your boys are growing up and are so cute.