Friday, May 29, 2009

The Wind Caves


The Tatton family decided yesterday to take advantage of all this time we have with daddy right now. We went on a hike to the Wind Caves. Yes, we took Gordon AND Edison. Gordon did such a good job. It took us about 2 hours to hike up and only 1 hour to hike down. The hike is 1.8 miles one way. To say the least it was much easier for Gordon on the way down. I kept asking him if he wanted to take a break and rest seeing as how we took one every two minutes on the way up. He kept telling me, "No, we have to get home." I have to say, the hike down was much harder on me. I felt like me knees and hips were going to pop out. I am not supposed to feel like that yet!
About half way down Chris rolled his ankle and said a few choice words. It really scared Gordon and he kept saying he didn't want daddy to die like daddy's grandma did. (We went to a funeral on Saturday for Chris's maternal grandmother.) He was really quite distraught about it even after Chris got up and started walking. He has such a tender heart!

I am really quite amazed at how well Gordon did. Edison did good too but all he had to do was sit in a front carrier the whole way. It was a fun but exhausting day!

3 comments:

Tina said...

That's a fun hike. Pretty long especially with kids though. Bravo for making it all the way to the top. And yay for Gordon and his motivation to keep moving!

Hilarie said...

It's so awesome that you guys went and did this.. you've got to go do all the fun Logan things you can before you move. :(

Sean and Kyla said...

that's so cool!! and I love that Chris said some 'choice words' lol. I don't know why I'm so mature and think stuff like that is really funny.