Thursday, August 6, 2009

And...We're Back Online

Finally we have the internet again! Life here in Heyburn is slow but we get to see a lot more of Chris so I'm not complaining. Gordon and I have had some great conversations. Here is one we had yesterday.
(We could here our neighbor girl screaming and so Gordon said she was throwing a fit and got locked in the tower FOREVER. After discussing the many ways she could escape, Gordon told me a dragon knocked down her door and saved her.)

G: And then the dragon will come and eat you.
M: I thought he was a nice dragon?
G: He is. He only eats fat people.
M: I'm not fat.
G: Yes you are.
M: Gordon, do you even know what fat means?
G: Yes, it means you are like an elephant. And you are like an elephant and you have an elephant nose.
I stopped the conversation after that before he could come up with even more insults!

7 comments:

LeeAnne said...

Wow, I guess it's been a while since I've looked at your blog... Cause I had no idea you moved! I'm glad Heyburn at least has internet, and it must be wonderful to have Chris around more! And my goodness Gordon! That is hilarious! (not true though you're not at all fat hehehe) :)

Happy Housewife said...

That is funny. Just the other day I was walking up the stairs and Ellie told me I had a big bum. I said, "Ellie, that's not nice." Her response. "But Mom, it's true." Ouch. I guess she is just about the right height that she gets to look at it all day long, but really....big???? Compared to hers, I guess, it is big. But it was not fun to hear. When are you coming to visit?!

The Staley Family said...

Emily it was so fun to see you the other day. I hope life is settling down and that you are enjoying the internet. (A luxury I had hoped for but unable to have)And if you ever want to feel like you live in a thriving metropolis come visit me! HA HA. Isn't it funny how life turns out. Keep doin' what your doin' becuase you and your family looked happy and healthy, and that, I have found is most important in life.

Sandra said...

Kids are so funny. I'm glad your back online. How do you like your area?

Nick and Stacey said...

I love those conversations between mom and son...nothing better! I really don't think they know what they are talking about anyways...or know really what they mean! love the conversation!

Teri said...

Thanks for the comment Em. It made me laugh out loud :)

Sean and Kyla said...

Lol. wow....