Thursday, August 20, 2009

Name them one by one


I am having a hard time here but instead of listing the many things that are keeping me down I am going to try the opposite. As my friend recently reminded me, "It's count your blessings not your trials." So here goes:
  1. We live close to family- Brett and Maren, Josh and Katie, My Parents, Chris' Parents, Justin and Ellen
  2. I love our kitchen, it is so big!
  3. We have linoleum flooring in the dining room- no more carpet!
  4. Gordon is so grateful we live on the bottom floor and can go outside all day
  5. I am thankful that a hose with a sprinkler head can entertain my kids when I am too worn out
  6. We live about two minutes drive from Chris' work
  7. Chris enjoys his work
  8. Chris has a job
  9. For the most part I really do have wonderful kids
  10. We live one block from the park
  11. There is absolutely no temptation to spend more than our budget because there is nothing to do here or no where to shop other than Wal-Mart
  12. Our circumstances are forcing me to be more creative in entertaining our children
  13. We have what really matters- each other, our health, happiness, and a loving Heavenly Father who knows what is best even when I don't

2 comments:

Sean and Kyla said...

very nice. a great list my friend!! and that picture, gosh, it's sooo adorable!!!

Teri said...

Oh Em...we need to get together again. I'm having a hard time here too. Thanks for reminding me to count my blessings instead of dwelling on the bad. Love you!