Friday, August 21, 2009

Its a good thing I didn't go into child psychology

Could someone please tell me WHY-
  • it is so much fun to throw food on the floor
  • my eighteen month old drools so much he needs a new shirt by midday
  • Gordon likes to stick things in the back of his underpants and keep them there. (It tickles his bum, he says.)
  • my almost-four year old has to tell me he needs to go to the bathroom EVERY time before he goes (he doesn't want my assistance just the knowledge that he needs to go.)
  • but he cannot ask my permission before he gets any food out of the fridge
  • kissing an owie makes everything better (not complaining about this one)
  • it is fun to throw toys down the stairs or dump all toys on the floor- not to play with them, just to have them all over
  • and what is so enticing about screaming in the car? Happy or sad. Edison loves to scream in the car

3 comments:

Des said...

I'm sorry for your ears. Screaming in the car is quite annoying!! haha. And the stairs! I haven't got that one either :) all the dents and scratches on the nice walls :( oh dear. Children are a mystery. but yours sure are cute!

Sean and Kyla said...

lol. pretty good list...what's sad about it is I was kinda laughing to myself a little at just "kids being kids" and then that last one made me literally laugh out loud because for some reason this week I, 25 year old Kyla, have found it fun to scream in the car. LOL no joke, I was kidding around and was 'singing' with the kids then turned it into a little scream and the kids were dying laughing. now they request me to do it...so yeah, I can relate there with the having fun screaming in the car. it's quite liberating, maybe you should try it sometime ; ) LOL

Nick and Stacey said...

I know exactlly what you mean! Gotta love those kids!