Thursday, August 7, 2008

Pioneer Day and Camping

I took Gordon and Edison to the Pioneer Day Parade with some friends. I was going to take them to the park afterwards for some of the other festivities they had going on but the parade (1 1/2 hours in the sun) wore me out. We decided to just let them swim in the "backyard."

While we were waiting for the parade the kids splashed in the water and ate fruit snacks. Gordon thought it was way too cool picking up all the candy. He insisted on putting it all in his pockets since his lame mom forgot to bring a bag. He would get so distracted trying to fit it in after awhile that he would miss all the good stuff. I was like, "hurry and go get that tootsie roll." (Tootsie rolls are my favorite.) It was a lot of fun.

That weekend we went camping with some friends. I just love Gordon's face in this picture. We tried three or four times to get them all to look at the camera and smile. This is what we got. (By the way, I am stealing all of these photos from Michelle and Tina since I forgot my camera!) We really had a fun time once we finally found a camp site, around 8:30. But it was truly the best one out there. We had yummy tinfoil dinners and banana boats (which I had never heard of) and of course smores.

Michelle and Dan and their two kids used to live right below us until they moved in April? so it was so good to see them again. Gordon really missed his good friend. It was so great to see them play together again. Here they are practicing crossing the road together.


I went to town on the smores and dropped all three or four in the dirt. I was trying to melt the chocolate a little bit and it is quite the balancing act. Everything would be fine until I tried to bring the smore back to me, that's went it all went south. Tina and Dave thought it was pretty hilarious and had to get this shot of me eating a smore with no top on--it was just unsalvagable.

And I have to include this little family picture even though I look horrendous. I never look good early in the morning; my poor hubby.

In the morning we went to a little spring that had some small caves and the boys went exploring. Gordon really loves the outdoors. Chris said he has no fear and he always wants to lead the way. He is just too cute!

We hope to go camping at least one more time before the weather turns cold. We kind of feel like we have to since we bought a new tent! (Chris hates to borrow things from people. He can be so stubborn sometimes. Can't we all!)

5 comments:

Tina said...

We had a great time playing with you guys that weekend!! Can't wait until you're back in town for good :)

Did you guys want to join the babysitting swap again in September? Or did you already start another one??

Katie said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun time camping. You look so good in those pictures---did you change your hair?

Sandra said...

Looks like a fun time. We are planning on camping tonight, I hope it doesn't rain on us!

Sean and Kyla said...

I feel dumb because I don't really have anything to say. I just really enjoy reading your blog posts...and the pictures are always so cute! So there, I will say "cute pictures!"

julie said...

Hey, are you gone now? I had family over all last week so the timing was bad. I want to play now! What are your plans anyway, are you moving to Twin someday? Pretty Please?