Tuesday, December 9, 2008

For my 100th Post I thought I would do the usual- 100 things about me. I tried to make it as interesting and true-to-life as I could. Heeere's ME

1. I am a bit of a drama queen
2. I am shy too
3. I love watching clouds
4. I have a birth mark on my neck that looks like a hickey
5. I have big nostrils (according to my husband)
6. I have “second grader ankles”
7. I talk to myself way too much
8. I talk about myself in the third person when I am talking to Gordon
9. My eyes turn green when I am really tired or when I cry
10. I said no to my husband the first time he asked me to marry him
11. As a kid, I always put minivan down as my dream car when playing MASH
12. I have an addiction to chocolate
13. I am way too hard on myself
14. I HATE seafood
15. Actually I am a very picky eater; I hate hot dogs, green beans and most vegetables, fatty meat, the list could go on...
16. I love to watch movies
17. I love celebrity gossip magazines – not enough to buy them, just enough to hold up the line at the supermarket
18. I am learning to love to cook
19. I am lazy
20. I am a self-diagnosed hypochondriac
21. I took piano lessons for 7-8 years and I cannot play hymns, or anything anymore for that matter
22. I took sewing lessons for 5 years and now I cannot even read a pattern
23. I depend too much on my husband
24. I love being part of a big family
25. But I don’t think I could have more than four kids
26. (Chris says no more than three)
27. I love to travel
28. I want to move to a big city when Chris is done with school but then move back after five years or so
29. I love to sleep in
30. I choked on a Gobstopper at a movie theatre
31. And I choked on a Cream Saver in seminary class—I can’t eat either candy without some anxiety
32. I was very boy crazy growing up
33. I want to be a photographer
34. I enjoy doing family history
35. I am one of those people that is sort of good at a lot of things but not really good at any one thing
36. I am a night person
37. I have really dry skin, wavy hair, and bad teeth (all those things kids love to inherit from their parents)
38. I like math
39. I don’t like shopping
40. I have to sleep with a pillow between my knees
41. I used to get bloody noses all the time as a kid
42. I have never broken a bone
43. I have had stitches twice…
44. Once when I was five; I was jumping on the bed and hit my head on the corner of a table
45. I didn’t tell my mom until I saw all the blood because I was afraid I would get in trouble for jumping on the bed
46. In March of ’07 I had to get stitches between my toes when I sliced my foot on a heater vent that was low to the ground.
47. And I drove myself to the emergency room (see Brian Regan clip)
48. I was asked several times growing up if I was anorexic because I was so skinny – and, no, I wasn’t
49. I love the smell of old, antique books
50. I have never won while playing BINGO
51. In fact I don't think I have ever one a drawing either
52. I guess I don't have very good luck
53. I am competitive
54. I am absolutely excited and terrified for Chris to be done with school this May

55. I have six brothers and two sisters
56. I am the fifth of nine children and suffer from middle child syndrome
57. I stress out too easily about really stupid things
58. I have really long toes
59. I hate it when people use their/there and were/we’re in the wrong context
60. Did I mention that I love to sleep
61. I collect shot glasses from places that I have traveled to (or I used to)
62. I have never been in a car accident
63. I did not go to my Senior Prom (sniff, sniff)
64. I am a bit of a pack rat
65. I was forty-five minutes late to my own wedding—not my fault
66. My birthday is on the 13th and every birthday that I have ever had on Friday has been awful, that I can recall anyway
67. I hate handling raw meat, especially chicken
68. My favorite color is green
69. I am really clumsy with my feet and always stub my toes
70. I have a cursed toe: the toe nail has fallen off twice and has been ripped off twice!
71. Chris irons clothes more than I do
72. I hate it when people have bad spelling
73. Autumn is my favorite season
74. Gordon was delivered by emergency c-section
75. I hate doing laundry
76. I love to make people laugh, even if I have to make fun of myself to do so
77. I am really bad at playing Hearts – I have the worst luck and always get the queen of spades
78. I get really embarrassed when I make a comment in church- my face turns red and everything
79. I love to quote movies
80. I want to go back to school
81. I love to learn new things but only if I am good at it
82. I took an art class in high school and really enjoyed it although I can’t draw worth beans
83. I was born in Layton, Utah and until I was about 12 years old I thought I was born in Ogden
84. I really wanted to serve a mission and didn’t want to marry Chris for that reason
85. I love to play games
86. I am way out of shape
87. I love surprises as long as I don't know that A surprise is coming, so I guess I hate suspense
88. I am too lazy to sort through the clearance racks to find a good bargain
89. I am always hungry
90. I associate family get-togethers with lots of junk food
91. Family is very important to me
92. Edison was born VBAC

93. Mexican food is my favorite, and Italian, and American...I just like food
94. I starred as the Wicked Witch of the West in a community Wizard of Oz play
95. As a tween I thought it would be cool if I had some sort of near death experience or was diagnosed with a life threatening disease. For some reason I thought it would make me a better person. Boy, am I glad I didn't get what I wished for.

96. I’m not as cool of a mom as I thought I would be
97. I am a little OCD when it comes to my fingernails. I can’t stand to have dirt under my nails; I hate it when my nails are uneven and not smooth, it drives me crazy. If one nail is short I have to cut all the other nails to match it.
98. I am still in my pjs
99. I love being a mother even though it is the most challenging thing I have ever had to do in my life
100. I am glad I’m done writing this list!

8 comments:

Katie said...

I didn't know that you told Chris no the first time he asked you to marry him! That's a story I'd like to hear!

The Whipples said...

Haha I totally remeber some of those things.....

julie said...

We have a lot in common..and a lot not..hahah! Brandon says 3 kids too! It just feels too little. But then my 2 kids feels like 10 somedays...what to do, what to do..

Happy Housewife said...

Oh, that list made me laugh...Can I add that you are the slowest eater I've ever met? Because you are. I could eat all 3 meals in the time it takes you to eat an appetizer. Yeah, spelling drives me crazy, too (and Craig can't spell to save his life). But he can play Hearts. Oh, and at least you don't close your eyes while giving talks in Church. Seriously for a while there people thought I was falling asleep in the middle of a talk/lesson because I would close my eyes for so long (in reference to your red face when making comments!) Anyway, sorry for the long comment, but loved the list and congrats on 100 posts!

Tina said...

I love the list! I learned a lot about you too :)
The jumping on the bed story is great! And I'm right there with you on the pillow between my legs and the nail OCD (mine is mostly the dirt part - yuck!). Congrats on post #100!

Hilarie said...

This was fun to read- comments too. I totally agree with Happy Housewife that you are a REALLY slow eater.. Seriously dinner at Mandee's that one time you had the least amount of food and took 3x longer than anyone else!!
After I read the list I thought maybe you'd forgot to mention how you faked being hypnotized in high school... :)
Fun post!!

Nick and Stacey said...

I love this idea...now it has got me thinking...I hope I haven't had my 100th post yet, not likeley, but I am going to go check right now! I love to hear all of these random thoughts about yourself!

Nick and Stacey said...

P.S I am only at 57...so be watching for it haha!