Thursday, November 13, 2008

Celebrate Good Times

Come on sing the song with me: Celebrate good times, come on! Let's celebrate. There's a party going on...

Why am I celebrating you ask. Because I just filled up my car with gas today and the price of gasoline is now $2.13! I never thought I would see this day. Just for kicks and giggles I looked up in my little wedding album journal the price of gasoline when we got married and it was $2.09. That was 4 1/2 years ago. I don't understand how just a few months ago gas was over $4 and seemingly just like that its back down to what it was 4 years ago! Will someone please explain to me how this works?

8 comments:

Hilarie said...

I know right?! I filled up the other day and when it stopped at just over $30 for the whole tank I couldn't' believe it!! Too bad the price on everything else has gone up!

Tina said...

The price of milk is back to $2, too! I think with the economy, places are starting (a little) to lower prices on some things so people will still buy! Whatever, I'll take it!
A friend of mine, in South Carolina, said he recently filled up his car for $1.99/gal. I've been wondering if good 'ol Logan will drop to that. I'd be all for seeing it down at the $1/gal. it was during High school - bring it on! Too bas there's not a good way to store lots of gas... who knows how long this will last.

julie said...

Gas makes me so happy too...wait, that came out wrong..

About what you said on mine, Amen! Both Tom Cruise and Justin T have always been yuck to me, and John Mayer looks like Edward Scissorhands. I'm so glad we agree. :)

*LaUrA* said...

guess what...not to burst your bubble...but we are paying 1.85 for gas down here in good 'ol Mississippi! It just keeps going down and down and down! I love it! but I do think they should leave it at 2.50 and use the extra money for alternative full research or for Dollars for Diapers;) ha!

But I am celebrating with you! Enjoy it while it lasts!

Sandra said...

Kevin thinks that the gas companies were getting greedy. I filled my tank up on Tuesday at Smiths. I had 10 cents off so it was 2.11. Think if I would have waited a few more days I could have saved even more. I love that it's coming down.

Happy Housewife said...

I beat you all - today I filled up at Smith's for $1.80 a gallon!!! Yippee! Over 16 gallons was $30. Oh happy day it was.

Sean and Kyla said...

YES!!! YAY!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Crystal said...

I hope it keeps going down and not up!! It's so nice for the prices to finally be dropping.