Sunday, November 9, 2008

To My Boy on His Birthday

Dear Gordon,
You are such a special boy. I keep wanting to call you my little boy but you aren't anymore. You are such a BIG boy. You have recently mastered potty training, dress yourself, can buckle yourself into your car seat, take care of your little brother, and insist on doing everything yourself (except pick up your toys!) Oh, and lets not forget your ABC's. You love to sing that song and also adapt it to make other new songs. You bring so much joy in to my life. Not a day passes that you don't make me laugh--even when I am mad. The other day I put you in time out in your room and after a few minutes came to check on you and you had put Edison's pants on and you looked so silly I couldn't help but laugh and I wasn't mad anymore. Thank you for helping me to be happy. I love sitting and snuggling with you while we read stories. Your favorite stories right now are: Kiss Me I'm Perfect, Three Little Pigs, and Ella Sarah Gets Dressed.
Three of my most favorite things about you:
  1. when you come into my room in the morning to wake me up
  2. the way you sigh, "oh funny funny" after you laugh
  3. the fact that you are such a mimic (it keeps me on my toes!)
Your favorite toys right now are...anything in the kitchen. You love to cook with me and in your own kitchen. We have made play-dough several times this week and it has also become one of your favorite past times as well. You absolutely adore your little brother Edison. It is so hard for you to wait till he gets bigger so you can play rough with him and not get in trouble for it. You have become quite the inquisitve little (I mean big) boy. You are always asking what? and why? And just because is not a good enough answer for you.
Gordon you have brought so much joy into our family in these three years you have been with us and I love that I get to be with you everyday to watch you grow bigger and smarter. When you were a baby about Edison's age, your daddy and I took turns working and taking care of you. It hurt me so bad to be away from you when you were learning those first things in life. I never want to miss anything again. I love you so much.

Love, Mom

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! I seriously can't wait to see you guys and I really wish I would have just come to visit you this weekend. Make me come next time! Emily you are a great mom, i hope you know that! Your a great example to me- I can't wait to see all of you!
Love Katie

Lara said...

How sweet! Happy birthday to your precious boy!

Katie said...

Such a sweet letter, Emily! Happy birthday, G!

Sean and Kyla said...

precious, happy birthday Gordon!