Monday, November 10, 2008

Seasons

I love Fall (Autumn, Harvest, Halloween, Thanksgiving and all other names associated with this time of year.)I love hearing the crunch as I walk through the fallen leaves. I love how Gordon cannot walk past a pile of leaves without walking through it. I love the leaves as they change colors and finally fall off leaving the streets and sidewalks covered in gold.
I love the smells of this time of year. I went to a Scentsy party the other day and all I wanted to smell were the "cozy fireside," "nutmeg and orange zest," or "cranberry spice."
I love LOVE LOVE Thanksgiving and all the food that comes with it. Pecan pie, hour derv's that have become their own dinner, pumpkin rolls, oh I love it all. This is the time of year that I throw caution to the wind (I can't help it, the winds are so strong here!) I love making soups and stews, eating them in bread bowls or homemade french bread.
I love wearing long sleeve shirts, sweaters, and jackets. (I also love that other people have to wear these too. No more seeing too much skin!)I love that I get to stay inside all day with my boys and I don't have to come up with any other reason than, "it's too cold to go anywhere today."


Lately Chris has been dreaming up all sorts of places he wants to move when he is done with school (May '09 Baby!) His favorites are: San Diego, Texas, Las Vegas...anywhere warm and all I can think is, "no more autumn."

10 comments:

nathan said...

AMEN! I love the season. and I LOVE the last picture of you two. That is perfect.

Tina said...

I also love autumn! Its one of the best times of year! I also love every single one of the pictures in your post - they are awesome, and express the season and your love for it very well!!

Katie said...

Such beautiful pictures! We'd be sad if you moved so far away. You know, there's a nice house close to Our Own Private Idaho for sale....:)

julie said...

Your pictures are beautiful! And perfect! I cannot get over them!

Hilarie said...

What fun pictures!! I love autumn too!

Crystal said...

I love your pictures! They are so good. I like this time of year too it's so much fun I just hate when it gets way cold in the winter though!

Sean and Kyla said...

great pictures, and great reasons to love autumn. I have to agree with many of them, especially the reasons to not go outside just because it's cold...wish it was actually autumn here...but apparently I'm gonna have to settle with 60 degrees being the coldest it gets right now : ( and I love the colors in these pictures, so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness emily- these pictures are amazing! I love them- your are awesome at this blogging business! Can't wait to see ya!
Love Katie

*LaUrA* said...

Awesome Pics Em! I love Fall too and all the colors and smells you described! It is the most beautiful time of the year and the time I feel most alive!

Precious pictures of you and your boys! I adore the last one!

Happy Housewife said...

Em, great post! Love the pictures, love your boys, love autumn!