Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I have the best mother in the whole world. Being a mother myself has really opened my eyes to how wonderful and selfless my mother really is. Motherhood is more than a full time job it is your whole life. My mom got married at nineteen and had her first baby less than a year later. Eight more kids and thirty years later, she is still being an awesome mother and the best grandmother. It comforts me to know that she went through a lot of the same things I am going through right now. She had two kids while my dad was still in school and working. She went through a lot of difficult times raising a young family while my dad was traveling a lot for work but never once did she regret being a mother. My mom has taught me that being a mother is a wonderful calling in life and that it is something to be treasured not wishing it away or holding on until the kids are grown up and gone. I know my mom feels like she could have been a better mother but I honestly think she is the perfect mother for our family. Being a mother is such a selfless job and I am not very good at it yet but I am lucky that I have such a good example to follow. Whenever I am confronted with a problem concerning raising my family I always try to think what my mom would do. I know I can always count on my mom to be there for me. Thank you for everything mom; I love you!

4 comments:

Sean and Kyla said...

that was really sweet, this is probably an awkward comment since I'm not your mom, but I will say what little I have experienced with her those few times I met her, I thought she was awesome, so fun and loving.

Sandra said...

I have to agree...well I don't know your mom but for mine he he. I never saw my mom buy anything for herself. She patched her pants for years so that we could have new clothes to go to school. Selfless is a perfect word!

Katie said...

I love you mom too. I couldn't have asked for a better mom-in-law (and family). I don't know how she has kept her sanity after raising 9 kids. I'm barely hanging on...:)

Ellen Oates said...

It is weird how we as kids don't realize how great our parents really are until we have kids. Then it clicks how hard they worked and what they sacrifice for us. I am grateful for my mom too and her terrific example. I love meeting new people and seeing how great they are with their children and use it to fit my family. We are in the same boat as you guys just minus one child! We do look forward to the days when we can have a home and be done with school, but we would not change anything in our lives, especially Halle. Thanks for your message!