Sunday, October 19, 2008

Do I really deserve this?

I want to put a big THANK YOU out there to my amazing husband. This last week has been trying on me what with the teething and the potty training so my wonderful husband took BOTH boys to see his parents for the weekend! My old roommate Kyla came up from Vegas and we had an absolute blast doing girl stuff. This morning my cell phone alarm went off at 4 am (don't ask me why) and I jumped out of bed rushing to turn it off before it woke up the boys. Then I realized, there were no boys. And now I am just sitting here, alone, missing them. They should be here in about an hour and I know I should just enjoy the alone time, maybe get something done, but I find myself wishing they were here and I really don't know what to do with myself. But once again, THANK YOU Chris for a much needed break and THANKS Kyla for helping me to enjoy it.

7 comments:

julie said...

You SO deserve that. And I'm jealous!

*LaUrA* said...

oh man! I love those times...I know what you mean about wanting them back..but it is so nice to get some down time and rejuvenate!

Katie said...

I keep hoping Josh will take the hint from Chris---that was an awesome thing he did for you.

Hilarie said...

I am completely jealous!! I would love time like that! But I too would probably have no idea what to do with myself!!

Sandra said...

I think it's funny how (atleast I) always claim how nice it would be to have some alone time. While it's nessesary to get out of the house having them gone overnight is hard. The more trips we go on it gets easier but you still miss them. Since he took Edison does that mean your not nursing anymore? I hope thats not to personal, I was just wondering.

Katie said...

WoW! I don't think Chad would ever agree to that. Although he has been a wonderful helps since Grant was born. Lucky you for your break. We all need that from time to time.

Sean and Kyla said...

hey girlfriend! a few things, firstly (?) your husband IS truly amazing, I can understand missing him even after a day of fun with a friend. Secondly, no worries about the scaring thing, honestly it makes for a great story and I really felt bad for being a baby, so I think we're even ; ) And thirdly, your boys are super cute. and fourthly, thanks again for having me, it was so good seeing you again and I'm sorry we hadn't gotten together sooner. Maybe once the pass opens up next spring I can visit you guys again. (like 7 Brides for 7 Brothers...ya with me??...) k this is a long comment, sorry!