Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Overdue

I was going to wait to post this until I could edit some pictures of Edison but Chris seems to think that his homework is more important than my blogging! So you'll have to do with no pictures for now. Also, everything I say in this post is about two weeks ago...

Edison finally cut his first tooth, of course it had to be the same day Gordon was sick with the stomach flu. Edison is growing and learning so fast I need to keep a little notepad handy to write down all these little milestones before I forget, which happens a lot--mommy brain. Edison has also recently discovered his tongue; he is always clicking it, sticking it out and rubbing it all over his lips. It is pretty darn cute. For awhile now, Edison has been a scooter. He can get around pretty good just by scooting. He would try to crawl, get up on his hands and knees and just rock back and forth. He just couldn't move forward. Sometimes in desparation he would even get on his feet and hands (in the bear crawl position?) but to no avail, he just couldn't move his hands and knees in cordination and start crawling. Well, this last weekend we stayed at my sister's house and she has a 12 month old. I knew if Edison could just get a look at how a professional crawler does it, he would catch on real quick. Sure enough, today he started crawling! I am so proud of my little boy. Unlike some moms, I love it when my kids start to crawl. They seem happier after they get a little independance and can do things on their own. I love it that he doesn't have to depend on me to get his toys (because he can't communicate which one he wants so it is usually a guessing game.) And I don't have anything valuable that he could get into so its really not a hassle.
One of my favorite things about Edison is how he gently runs his fingers through my hair. It is so cute because he never pulls, just twirls it around his fingers. It sure has been so fun to see this little baby of mine grow.

Wow, sorry, I didn't realize that was so long. Whew.

4 comments:

Hilarie said...

Edison is adorable, he is always so happy and cute!!

Happy Housewife said...

I am so nervous - leaving my first comment and all! What do I say? So, good thing my kid is such a good influence on Ed...Now why can't she learn to sleep from him? Seriously, I am one grumpy mom these days - she is back to waking up several times at night!

Anonymous said...

Hey Em! So I don't know if you will even see this but i will try again. Ed is sooo cute, i really want to come visit this weekend and see everyone, but it's not looking very hopeful:( That is so exciting that he is crawling. Oh and tell Chris he needs to get his priorities figured out! :) Well I love you tons!

Katie

Sandra said...

Fun stuff happening at your home! Except the flu bug....man I don't like when sickness comes around. I'm also one of those mom's who like it when they wait a long time to crawl. With three sets of stairs it's scary.