Friday, March 14, 2008

Apple Dumplings

These are the best things ever! I love them especially right now because I can't eat chocolate when I am nursing and for any of those who know me, know I have a sweet tooth (more like a sweet obsession). I have to give credit to Pioneer Woman, that is where I got the recipe. They are so easy to make and soooo delicious!

Apple Dumplings

2 Granny Smith apples
2 cans crescent rolls
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla
cinnamon
1 small can Mountain Dew

Peel and core apples. Cut apples into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan. Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.

6 comments:

Tina said...

Yummy! These were really good.
I tried making them with Cherry 7-up (just because I've never cared for Mountain Dew) - they turned out great. Though I have to admit, I didn't notice much of a difference at all between the Mt. Dew ones I had at your house, and the 7-ups ones. So I guess Mt. Dew and I can get along okay. :)

The Whipples said...

Emily, your family is so cute. Are you guys still here in Logan? Congrats on your new little one, is his so cute!!!

Katie said...

Yum! I'm going to try these.

nathan said...

ummmm yummy! I'll try it....soon!

Katy said...

EMILY THOMAS!

HI!

Katy
tyandk8.blogspot.com

Katie said...

I made these last night for game night. DELICIOUS! They were a total hit. I'm gonna post the recipe on my blog. Hope you don't mind. See you Saturday.