Thursday, March 6, 2008

Momnesia?

I have been hearing this word a lot lately--momnesia. I first heard it on the Regis and Kelly show and then I saw a commercial for some nightly news program that is doing a special on how having children affects your memory. Click here to read a news article about it. I have to agree to some degree. I know I feel a lot dumber (is that even a word?) when I am not exercising my brain. But I wouldn't go as far as to say that I attended a wedding and then later forgot that it even took place. I just usually can't remember things like what I wore two days ago or to move the wet laundry over to the dryer - I'm guilty of that one several times over. Have any of you experienced severe momnesia?

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I must say I also have a case of ditziness also. I have put milk in the cupboard and cereal in the fridge. It was good to see they mentioned we are actually working our brains and learning! Whew thats good news. Oh hey congrats on the baby, I didn't even know you were pregnant! (giggle)

Tina said...

I've heard a lot about this, but I don't think I've ever heard the name. I probably do suffer from it though - how could you not when your day is spend explaining things in kid terms. *Sigh* I guess we are all destined to have mush for brains. lol. At least we have cute kids to show for it, right?
By the way, Dave very graciously pointed out that your comment for the Costa Vida taste test was 63 words, instead of 50 - and suggested that I tell you to reenter . . . so I think if you do, you should find some clever way of making fun of him for it. But don't tell him it was my idea. Hahaha.

Katie said...

I've always been a ditz. Being a mom has added to it though... How was Idaho? Did you survive? How was Gordon when he saw you guys.

julie said...

I have it for sure. What little grammar I did have, is now at the window. And I'm just dumb generally. :)

Venesha said...

My doctor actually calls it "mommy brain" it's like each kid you have you loose part of your brain. What it really is: you use to interact with adults and have adult conversations, read adult books and more. you stimulated your mind. now the closest you get to "adult" is teletubies who don't even say real words and you understand them. Your mind gets better the more you take "mommy time" and talk with other adults without talking baby talk. I still am not there but I have my moments of sanity. :)