Thursday, April 17, 2008

Goals

(To understand this post, see my sidebar- the very last entry…)

I have always been a person who needs to have something visual to motivate me. And since I check my blog at least once a day…I figured this is the best place to post my goals. I have been working on this list of goals for awhile now. I realize it might take me longer than 999 days to complete some of these (especially the travel ones!) But “99 things in 10-15 years” just doesn’t sound as good. I whole heartedly believe in setting goals. Its like that quote, if you don’t set goals you can run up and down the field without ever crossing the goal line (or something like that). I usually get over-ambitious but I am trying to pace myself and be realistic. There are just so many things in my life right now that I feel could and should be better. Hopefully this list (and encouragement from my family and friends) will help keep me on track.

I know some of them are a little weird, feel free to ask questions. Oh, and does anyone know how to add a right sidebar; that is where I would really like to have these posted.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Awesome list, E. I have a similar one, but it's a buried post called 40 by 40. I should look it up again...

Sandra said...

Wow thats more motivation than I have, what a great list. Just take one thing at a time, if you look at it and feel like it should all be done that would be overwhelming and discouraging. I think your awsome for setting them! good luck

The Whipples said...

Wow Em that really is quite the list. I think that it us so ambitious of you and I wish that I had even half of what you do. I am totally with you on #90! I have seen a few in the past months but would love to see a bunch of us get together. Plus you and I even live in the same city.... let me know a good time to get together with ya!

*LaUrA* said...

Great idea Em and I think I need to do the same thing. I know I really need to write things down and become accountable for the thins I want to achieve and attain!! Oh darn..I was reading a blog once where it was telling me how to add a another sidebar...but it was all mumbo jumbo to and I got overwhelmed! I wish I could remember where that was. Maybe go to Katy McGee's blog and go to her little cutesy picture that says "Anything and Everything" and click on that...and search through some of her links because I think that is where I found it. And I LOVE your family pictures! they turned out sooo cute and it is really fun to see how the Tatton family has grown!! I was Kaden's sunbeam teacher a while back and now he is so big!!

Okay..enough of me for now...but would mind if in the future I copied your goal idea and did the same thing on my blog!?!?!

Sean and Kyla said...

one load of laundry everyday for 2 months? could you explain that one to me?
and let me know how that monster truck rally goes when you end up going, that'll be rich! lol.
but seriously, seems like you have given some thought to this list and I think that's really cool, especially that it looks like you are doing more than just making it, but actually doing things on the list! I will be checking it regularly to make sure I see more orange and red! lol, just kidding. ; )
p.s. did I make this up or did you do a monologue from something called the Glass Menagerie? I heard it mentioned on tv the other day and immediately thought of you and when you sat in that chair and did a monologue!

Emily said...

I tend to leave all my laundry for one day and then I never get any of it folded and it just sits in a pile and I end up watching half of it again because it is so wrinkly. And I think you are right about the monologue- that's hilarious!

Noss said...

There's this quote in the book Life of Pi, "to look out with idle hope is tantamount to dreaming one's life away." i really liked it and your goal list made me think of it.
i can't make goals because i can't keep them. i hate being obligated, even if by my own volition. i guess that's something i could work on.
but i totally admire you for this.